- PHP 7.2.5+ (with php-zip extension)
Download precompiled build
- Download: latest release
- Unzip files and upload them to your PHP server
- Make sure your webserver can read and write to
- Set the website document root to
filegator/dist/directory. This is also known as 'public' folder
- Visit web page, if something goes wrong check
- Login with default credentials
- Change default admin's password
NOTE: For security reasons
filegator/dist is the ONLY folder you want to be exposed through the web. Everything else should be outside of your web root, this way people can’t access any of your important files through the browser. If you run the script from the root folder, you will see the message 'Development mode' as a security warning.
Install on fresh Ubuntu 18.04 or Debian 10.3
On a new server (get $100 in server credits) login as root and enter this into the shell:
apt update apt install -y wget unzip php apache2 libapache2-mod-php php-zip php-mbstring php-dom php-xml cd /var/www/ wget https://github.com/filegator/static/raw/master/builds/filegator_latest.zip unzip filegator_latest.zip && rm filegator_latest.zip chown -R www-data:www-data filegator/ chmod -R 775 filegator/ echo " <VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot /var/www/filegator/dist </VirtualHost> " >> /etc/apache2/sites-available/filegator.conf a2dissite 000-default.conf a2ensite filegator.conf systemctl restart apache2 exit
Open your browser and go to http://your_server_ip_address
Show your support
- Please star this repository on GitHub if this project helped you!
- Become a backer or sponsor on Patreon.
Since version 7 is completely rewriten from scratch, there is no clear upgrade path from older versions.
If you have an older version of FileGator please backup everything and install the script again.
Upgrade instructions for non-developers:
- Backup everythig
- Download the latest version
- Replace all files and folders except
Which versions am I running? Look for