You can manage files inside your local repository folder (on your server's hard drive) or connect to other storage adapters (see below).
FileGator has multi-user support so you can have admins and other users managing the files with different access permissions, roles and home folders.
All basic file operations are supported: copy, move, rename, create, delete, zip, unzip, download, upload.
If allowed, users can download multiple files or folders at once.
File upload supports drag&drop, progress bar, pause and resume. Upload is chunked so you should be able to upload large files regardless of your server's configuration.
Features & Goals
- Multiple storage adapters (Local, FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, DO Spaces, Azure Blob and many others via Flysystem)
- Multiple auth adapters with roles and permissions (Store users in json file, database or use WordPress)
- Multiple session adapters (Native File, Pdo, Redis, MongoDB, Memcached and others via Symfony)
- Single page front-end (built with Vuejs, Bulma and Buefy)
- Chunked uploads (built with Resumable.js)
- Zip and bulk download support
- Highly extensible, decoupled and tested code
- No database required
- Framework free ™
- Symlinks are not supported by the underlying Flysystem
- File permission operations are not supported (chmod/chown)
Why Open Source on GitHub?
There are several reasons why we switched to open source model and GitHub.
Basically, we wanted to increase:
- Code quality by bringing more developers on board
- Code auditability and visibility
- Project lifetime
At the end, the more people who can see and test a set of code, the more likely any flaws will be caught and fixed quickly.
Show your support
- Please star this repository on GitHub if this project helped you!
- Become a backer or sponsor on Patreon.
Copyright (c) 2019 Milos Stojanovic.
This project is MIT licensed.